About your Search

20130201
20130228
Search Results 0 to 11 of about 12 (some duplicates have been removed)
that includes a billionaire warren buffet. the deal is believed to be the largest in the food industry. u.s. airways and american airlines have announced they are joining forces. the merger creates the world's biggest airline in terms of miles flown by passengers around the world. we have this from new york. >> the courtship is over and now they are making it permanent. u.s. airways announced its merger with american airlines. [applause] it was the closest thing to a marriage ceremony. the u.s. airways to executive counted the benefits of this union. >> these are two highly complementary airlines. the 900 route we fly individually. when you add them up, there are only 12 of them that have overlap. this is really about providing better service to customers. it creates a nice third competitor to the two larger airlines. our view is it increases competition, doesn't decrease competition. >> the deal will save the combines company's $11 billion per year. united shareholders will own 28% of the stock while american shareholders will own the remaining 72%. this deal will help rescue it from bankr
of the chinese military cyber-attacks against the u.s.? we will show you what we found. today it was her comments about the duchess of cambridge that caused a firestorm. >> she is roughly four months pregnant. there is evidence of a rather more rounded stomach than before. the pregnancy sickness of early december has passed gadd kathrin is still taking things carefully. last week she and william were on holiday. she was fulfilling her first public engagement for some weeks, visiting a center in south london that helps women recover from drug and alcohol dependency. she has become the focus of unflattering comments by hilary mantell. she described how the media has transition to a fashionable world catches. >> i saw kate becoming a jointed doll on which certain thinigs ngs are hung. she has no personality of her own. entirely defined by what she wore. >> she said the person who emerged from the transition seems machine made. catherine was defended by the chief executive of the charity which she visited today and of which she is a patron. >> all i can speak of is what i now. my experience of the du
. there are some wonderful sportsmen and sports women. one more item from the world of sports but the u.s. government has joined a lawsuit against lance armstrong after talks with his lawyers broke down. the suit argues armstrong defrauded the american public by insisting he was not using drugs will writing for the u.s. postal service team. last month, he admitted using performance enhancing drugs. this weekend, italian voters must decide do they trust to get their ailing country moving again. the choice includes a former communist an outspoken comedian, berlusconi, and economic technocrat mario monti. our europe editor has more. naples in the final hours of campaigning in the italian general election but europe fears the result could cause tremors any euro zone. an ex-orites to win is communist. away from the public rallies, he had this message for europe. >> i intend to convince your of the that austerity is not enough. i do not believe european policies are correct. they need to be adjusted to take more account of investment and jobs. >> he promises to reduce the deficit any sense the
alone. people feel oppressed by a regime that will quite literally stop at nothing. >> the u.s. defense secretary wanted to arm the syrian rebels, but the white house did not want to. do you think there is a chance the white house might change its mind? >> i think it is inevitable with the change of team, particularly yith secretary of state carrkerr coming in, but there has to be a complete revamping of strategy. that may be a decision they come with. >> you think it would tips the balance at this point? >> what i would support as the united states making a move to form a relationship with carefully vetted rebel groups. i think the united states has come to the conclusion armed people on the ground are going to be dictating a series of's future -- dictating syria's future. it could include training, tactical intelligence, non- legal the equipment. i think it is essential if the ignited states do -- if the united states wants to exert influence. >> do you think they are in danger of not exerting influence? >> i think the president of the united states has certain reservations about gett
Search Results 0 to 11 of about 12 (some duplicates have been removed)